How to... concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The edge of our concrete garage floor where it exits the garage has a 15cm sloped section, to help water run away from the door.

We're replacing the door with a PVC French door and I need to straighten up the sloped bit.

My only concrete experience is pouring it into a hole to support the rotary dryer!

Can someone try to give a description of how I would do this job? Or a link to a good tutorial for something similar?
Like... how do I build a frame to pour the concrete in, so the wet concrete doesn't leak out of the bottom, and so it's level with the existing floor?

Sponsored Links
The key to your question is where does the 150mm slope come in relation to the garage door jambs? A photo would show this relationship.
Is the new frame going from brick side jamb to brick jamb? Or is it going into the old wood(?) frame jambs.
If you are converting the use of the garage then any domestic floor should be
above external ground level, & safe from water ingress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back