How to connect a two toilet to on soil pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trig to connect anther toilet to the same existing soil pipe. The pipe of the other toilet will come through the second row of the tiles showing in the picture (behind the white elbow) and it hits the elbow at the point of entry. I believe that I need a T junction to be fitted on the existing soil pip which would allow me to reconnect the existing toilet and the proposed second one. However, I have been to Wickes today and the shortest 90 degree (110mm) soil T junction will rise the current arrangement by 46 cm, which means both toilet pans have to be elevated by 46 cm to make the connection to the T junction. I think that is impossible as I need to rise the floor and most importantly, an average height person like myself will not be able to reach the floor when using the toilet. Is there another way or T junction I can use to give the exact existing height of the connection.

//www.diynot.com/network/alsudane/albums/

Sponsored Links
Are you planning to put the branch of the tee straight onto the orange 4" pipe coming through the floor?

That's not ideal.

Is there anyway the second toilets pipe can be run to tee into the stack so somewhere externally?

Most tees have the branch swept at 92.5 degrees and this will cause you problems if fitted in the way I assume you are planning.

Yes I am thinking of running the T of the pipe coming thought the floor

Is there anyway the second toilets pipe can be run to tee into the stack so somewhere externally?,
No this meant I have to dig the concrete.

Most tees have the branch swept at 92.5 degrees and this will cause you problems if fitted in the way I assume you are planning.

You are right, that is why I am looking for a different way to run the T of the pipe coming thought the floor

It's hard to say without looking whether or not there is a solution but the way you are planning isn't ideal and will without a doubt cause you problems. Have you considered using a macerator for the second toilet. You could then use a pan connector on the first toilet with an inch and a quarter spigot and connect the outlet from macerator straight onto that.

Obviously macerators aren't ideal but can be a viable solution and although I'm not their biggest fan I would certainly favour that over incorrectly run waste pipes.

Having said that I'm not sure if you can get a tee where both ends are swept into the branch. That would suit your needs but I've never seen one.

Have you had a plumber take a look?

Sponsored Links
Using Macerator will complicate things further because it needs electricity and they are quite expensive. I have another idea which I am going to try which is using the T junction the other way around i.e fit the T branch to the soil pipe coming out of the ground, this (hopefully) will give me the height I need and straight two connection (exactly opposite each other) one for each toilet. I will then use flexi pan connecters.

Using a junction (T) in anything other than the correct plane is asking for trouble. You'll likely find the contents of one pan reappearing in the other.... May have to dig some of the concrete away from the existing pipe going into the floor but once you've enough depth, fit a coupling and a double branch to accept both pan outlets. Simply plug the unused top socket on the double branch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back