How to connect Nest E Heat link where my wall mounted thermostat used to be

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if anyone can help i am trying to install my Google nest e battery operated heatling thermostat to the wall where my old wall mounted wired dial thermostat was/still is because I don't know ow which wires are which.
As you can see I have attached photos
20210810_130345.jpg
20210810_132231.jpg
20210810_132114.jpg
20210810_132231.jpg

Sponsored Links
The one in 4 the blue is neutral and not used with nest e, so I fold them over and tape, or put on a connector block or crimp, out of the way, so 1 red should be line in so to top common and 2 yellow to centre N/O (normally open).

remember that any existing timers the CH will have to be set to constantly on and the nest E will override it

Eric mark thank you for the advice, the nest e heatlink is battery powered and It says it does not need any 240v wiring just wanted to clarify which ones I will have to terminate in the terminal block that comes with the fixing/installation kit pleae

Sponsored Links
just wanted to clarify which ones I will have to terminate in the terminal block that comes with the fixing/installation kit pleae

As said, you don't need the blue, don't connect it and terminate it safely. The red and yellow go to C and NO.

Eric mark thank you for the advice, the nest e heatlink is battery powered and It says it does not need any 240v wiring just wanted to clarify which ones I will have to terminate in the terminal block that comes with the fixing/installation kit pleae
He has already told you, it really couldnt be more simple

Thank you this advice was great and now its all fitted and working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back