Country
United Kingdom
hi im really frustrated. I have a bath waste which looks like th
upload_2016-6-29_22-37-48.jpeg
upload_2016-6-29_22-38-3.jpeg
is
upload_2016-6-29_22-37-48.jpeg
upload_2016-6-29_22-38-3.jpeg

my problem is that the three spokes on the bottom are stopping a standard shallow trap from fitting up inside and so i cant get a proper seal when i connect the trap. do i need a special trap ? or is there some way of connecting a standard trap? any advice much appreciated this is driving me nuts !

Sponsored Links
If it was a bath waste, I would expect a second connector for the overflow pipe. Which would then be connected to the trap.

I cannot see why the spokes on the waste, would prevent a trap being connected.
Does the trap have the ring washer connected?
Some times a bit of plumbers mate can help with the seal, if it is not sitting to seal correctly.

Sponsored Links
yes the washer is fitted. the washer is fitted around a small collar which if there were no spokes is would insert inside the threaded downpipe of the waste and then when you do up the trap it tightens the washer against the bottom of the waste, i have some sink wastes and traps and exactly this happens. However the spokes mean that the pipe can not insert inside so the pipe is just aligned flush and not make a good seal.
upload_2016-6-30_7-31-17.png

If that is the case, I would contact VP and ask them which trap they would recommend fit the trap.

Or manipulate the trap, by filing down the plastic ridge on the upstand of the trap, in the area where the three spokes offer resistance and see if it slots in and seals up.

Another "great" from VictorianPlumbing :rolleyes:

They should rename the firm to Chineseplumbing.com :cautious:

Op: I'd just get another clicka bath waste from your local counter and send the bill to VP!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back