How to disconnect IKEA waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to disconnect this ikea waste so that the sink and cabinet can be removed to allow access for trades.

It's a fairly decent composite sink so I'd like to remove the lot while giving myself a chance at reinstalling it so that we have a sink until all the works are complete.

I'll go and have a trawl of utube but any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The centre of the chrome grille (strainer) appears to have a hexagonal shape in the centre for an Allen key / hexagonal wrench. That's a bolt that needs to be unscrewed ,allowing the part below to release from the underside of the sink.
What else do you need clarification on ?

Many thanks @terryplumb

Have you got any idea how the overflow disconnects?

There's not a similar hex fitting to loosen that I can see...

Why take it off ? You can leave it in situ and just disconnect the overflow tube from under the bowl ( where it meets the part referred to already ). If you really want to remove it ,it just unscrews ,very carefully using the grille holes and a pair of long nose pliers, in open position ( like a 2 pronged fork)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back