How to dismantle this tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, went to turn on the shower today and there's only a tiny dribble of hot water (cold is fine). This happened previously and the plumber removed some debris from inside of the tap (took all of 5 minutes). Looking online, it seems like this should be easy to do myself, but I can't figure out how to take a apart the tap. It's Victorian-style like the one linked - any suggestions?

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...VhpyzCh3q1wmhEAQYCyABEgLI5fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sponsored Links
Where the disc is that states hot, will undo, and there's a screw underneath that, this will gain access to the head gear.

I can’t see what that will achieve. What about removing the complete head/body by undoing this nut?
ECB2D223-F46D-40EE-B2C7-789E22FB33E5.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Turn the water off and undo the nut you describe. That removes the valve. If they are turn down valves then that may need the washer replaced or the head gear serviced. Is there play in the spindle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back