How to downrate a circulator pump.

"chrishutt"

Even though the pump control is set to the lowest power (1 of 3) it's still much more powerful than it needs to be (causing a noticeable noise when running) and I'd like to know if there's a way of downrating it.

I`m throwing in a wildcard here, bear with me, might be a bit radical...........fit a smaller pump.... :eek: :eek:

The ...pump...you have ...fitted... is... too... BIG ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Somehow I think that might be a tad overkill for an Islongton Studio flat... ;) :D

That`s the pump he is using ;)
That`s why I said it was too big. :rolleyes: Read before opening your mouth ;) it usually works for me.

Never underestimate the stupidity of your resourcefulness ;)

For once Bumblegaspipe has a good point. Circulating Pumps make a range and I inadvertently got the SE50B (all that was on offer). In retrospect I should have got the SE20B.

Pump Type--------------SE20B----SE50B-----SE125B----SE200B
Rated Input Watts (W)-36---------96---------135---------360
F/L Amps (A)------------0.16-------0.42-------0.60-------1.60

chrishutt said:
For once Bumblegaspipe has a good point. Circulating Pumps make a range and I inadvertently got the SE50B (all that was on offer). In retrospect I should have got the SE20B.

Pump Type--------------SE20B----SE50B-----SE125B----SE200B
Rated Input Watts (W)-36---------96---------135---------360
F/L Amps (A)------------0.16-------0.42-------0.60-------1.60

;) ;) I`m not all Charisma.

In retrospect I should have got the SE20B.

Being an installer usually has the requisite to calculate flow rates, volumes etc, & estimate pump sizes ;) Stick to breakdowns Bud ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back