How to drain my boiler? (pics included)

like i said for future purposes Rob. Dont need to do it now. Hardly the crime of the century.

Stop being so defensive, we are trying to help, If you give all the facts, the advice would be more suitable to you and you would be able to action that and as such your'd be better off as would the adviser.

Sponsored Links
Ti not sure what that means ... but central heating works fine and so does everything in terms of the boiler i.e if i raise temperature etc, it works.

Only problem we face is when the hot water is on, for very short intervals it gets cold but then goes back to being hot again.

well rob you know the facts now. I am still awaiting for some constructive advice from you. I have not received anything of the sort except for criticism from you.

Sounds like the plat the plate heat exchanger is possibly partially blocked or starting to get coated so the heat transference isn't happening as quickly as it should so the boiler shuts down, you then receive cold water till the boiler -restarts and it cycles this way.

If the drain down and re-filling is resolving it temporally then Id say its worth removing the plate and cleaning it. Then re-filling with inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
Ti not sure what that means ... but central heating works fine and so does everything in terms of the boiler i.e if i raise temperature etc, it works.

Only problem we face is when the hot water is on, for very short intervals it gets cold but then goes back to being hot again.

DHW = direct hot water
CH = central heating

You're problem could be attributed to a few issues so it's best to have someone who knows what they are doing troubleshooting on site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back