hot water with Rads off??

Sponsored Links
The filling loop is what concerns long page 7, along with the pressure gauge

The rest shouldn't be of concern.

Can you find the braided hose with one or two taps?

Look up a filling loop on the net to get an idea what it looks like.

Sponsored Links
On page one, it looks like a filling loop below the boiler, although it doesn't list it.

Can you see a hose below the boiler?

thanks sooo much .

i can see that. I will try to do it tomorrow and report/ provide feedback once done.

Just a final question friend.... the radiators that are still on the walls in different room , the thermostats are on defrost sign (off) mode. Do they need any extra attention too? and shutting ood with caps etc? or are they okay the way they are?

okay thanks for that,

I did everything and a couple of the pipes started leaking. So i had to stop the whole process. The ones I took the thermostats off and put a cap on , didnt leak (for now)... but the opposing side ones, which I tightened with just a spanner and closed that way and put no cap on leaked.

Why was this. I thought if I filled it more , even the cap ones might started to leak. So I stopped the whole process. :(

Where were they leaking from?

If you shut them down with a spanner, that should be it, did you need to tighten them a little more

Were they leaking from the nut below, and that needs tightening.

Post a pic if your not sure

Hi mate , yeah I tightened it with the spanner, as much as I could. It was leaking from the pipe hole that connects directly to the radiator. ... would it be an idea to even cap that off?

Normally you shouldn't have to, but yes it would solve the problem.

If you have a problem getting the cap to meet the nut and olive, post back

im abit worried now trying it. it feels scarey lol and wonder if its the right thing to do :'(

If the caps are on, the air vents and drain cock closed you have nothing to worry about.

Just make sure someone is watching the pressure gauge.

If you get anything it will be small, remember engineers fill up whole systems on their own without knowing if they are going to pop a leak.

Put a hose pipe on your drain cock, ready, just in case

You can do it, you bad boy diyer you, dont flake out on me now :p

lmao!!^^

well i got this guy to come and do it for me. He did it. He filled the pressure gauge to 1.5 ..... and to my surprise there were no leaks!!!!

After a week of using it, the pressure gauge went to 0 so he came and did it again. (only water, not central heating as some of the rads are still not on).

It's gone to 0 again. Its costing me money keep calling him!

what is he doing with the boiler that I must be doing wrong?? cus when i try filling the fressure up, it starts leaking!. when he does it, it doesnt!

he has said to me I only can use water, and no central heating until its fitted back.

so im deffo doing something wrong when im filling it, cus it leaks instantly from the pipes where the rads are supposed to attach onto.

he doesnt let me wathc what hes doing cus he tells me to wait upstairs near rads. hes obviousily not telling me cus he keeps charging me!

so pplease any help would be great as I know its possible to do now!

This plumber does sound like he's milking it. Has he turned off the two isolators under the boiler on the heating flow and return.

It's losing pressure/ leaking somewhere

Where does it leak when you try to fill it up?

If it's from the rad valves, drain it down and put compression caps on both ends in place of the valves and then re-fill

Where are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back