How to ensure floor waterproof on Garden Office build ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am construction a garden office and want to ensure it is waterproof. I have completed the concrete slab and want to ensure that when I do the floor construction it is waterproof and no damp rises from the ground.
What is the best way of doing this ? I was thinking plastic sheet over the concrete then put my joists across, then laying Kingspan (or equiv) insulation between joists before putting the floor down ? Construction is a wooden frame, can the bottom of the frame sit straight on the plastic membrane that is on the concrete or does it need extra protection.
Any comments greatly appreciated.
john.

Sponsored Links
is the concrete base raised above the surrounding and slightly smaller than the shed footprint??

perfect scenario strips off dpm or felt between timber and concrete
the sides overhang the base with a small air gap so water runs down the walls and misses the concrete
you must have an airgap to allow the timber to breath so insulation must allow airflow
any membrane must be breathable plastic will kill timbers very quickly if the cant breath or the plastic holds water or water vapour in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back