How to erect a new soil stack properly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Today i began erecting a new soil stack. I started from the bottom and worked my to the top connecting the toilet, sink and bath wastes. Is there an easier way to do this? Did think about doing it on the floor but then the weight of lifting it up would be too heavy.

Jibbs

Sponsored Links
Sky hooks? We all start at the bottom, lots of clips helps too when pushing the joints together.

Seriously, is it a completely new stack to a new bathroom, or a replacement one?. Reason for asking is, 'new' stacks are notifiable to Building Control (I dunno why either.....) and need to be assessed and tested as such. BTW, did you put a rodding eye in at the base?

DH

Yeah it's a new one to the toilet. Building Control came out to inspect the clay pipe and it got approved. All i have to do now is fit a flexible adapter. Pretty sure there is already a rod eye there.

Sponsored Links
plastic stack - pah . You want a cast iron one pipenailed to the wall with poured lead joints - then you can claim to have had an erection :mrgreen:

Does anyone now fit cast iron ?
Expect it would give you a stiffer erection but hot lead is not my I'dea of fun.
Pete :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back