How to estimate & fit Easy Verge (U)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage roof verge is in a sorry state with mortar having fallen out and wood rotted.
Have decided to install Easy Verge (U) but need to know how to estimate the quantities needed and also how it is fitted as the run is continuous with no apex, just a plain end against a wall.
I assume I will have to fit new timber to attach the Easy Verge?
115389-73f019e57b306c9656384ddf406cf1be.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3265.JPG
    DSCF3265.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 973
Sponsored Links
If you fitted that fascia board then it's fair to say get someone in to do the work for you

Now now Mw, you've no idea who did it have you.

Haven't seen this system before, but it looks interesting. Just looked at the video, and it seems to be one piece per tile, and half of an apex but as it's fixed on to the facia board, you're going to need to fix that securely back in to place first.

Sponsored Links
The work was carried out by a "professional" builder some years ago. I have to say I know more bad builders than good ones which is why I'd prefer to do it myself and take the time to (hopefully) do a good job of it.
I am trying to establish what I do when I get to the end of the run as the (nail) fixing plate will be visible which is not what anyone wants to see.

You will need a barge board for:
1. nailing the Easy Verge to.
2. to cover through looking brick & compo verg line.
A plastic board will do as a replacement barge board.
Perhaps Easy Verge have a custom fitting for the "the end of the run" or a cap?

Existing, you have an undercloak carrying the pointing mortar - whether this is a counter batten or a fibre cement board I cant tell from the pic.
It may be that the tile battens are rotten, & the roofing felt is perished & that both will need some remedial work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back