Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit new window handles.
The old handles holes, only 2 alone up.
I'll have to drill 2 new holes.

For the 2 other holes...
How do I fill up?

I don't think I need to fill up. Will be OK.
But... I thought there would be some plastic filler for this purpose?
I've seen a few YouTube videos and can't see a solution. I've searched ebay and don't see anyone selling anything that can be used.

The YouTube guy cut out a square. Added pvc inside and then cut an exact measure to fill the square.
1. Where does one get pvc plastic from?
2. He uses special glue. Where do I get that from?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the holes are on the inside. Will they be hidden by the new handle? If not, you can simply use something like this to fill the old screw holes

• Thanks
Reactions: OM2
Thanks for the replies guys.
'NO NONSENSE ANTI-CRACK ACRYLIC WHITE 310ML' - is perfect.
Any tips on keeping dry and still OK to use a long time after using the tube?
£2.69 - can't complain. But still hate wasting and would rather save the environment by not purchasing more.
The current method I use is to add vaseline and close the tip with tape or something.

@JustAnotherJane Can you show me what a gel coat is? And where to buy from?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've used that screwfix stuff over the weekend on some UPVC window trims and white external silicone blends in much better.

• Thanks
Thanks for the replies guys.
'NO NONSENSE ANTI-CRACK ACRYLIC WHITE 310ML' - is perfect.
Any tips on keeping dry and still OK to use a long time after using the tube?
£2.69 - can't complain. But still hate wasting and would rather save the environment by not purchasing more.
The current method I use is to add vaseline and close the tip with tape or something.

@JustAnotherJane Can you show me what a gel coat is? And where to buy from?
Thanks.
It'll harden in the tube eventually and need thrown out, not much you can do about that. If you're not going to use much and are concerned re waste, you could buy a smaller tube of white silicon sealant e.g. 70ml and it'll do the trick.

• Thanks
It'll harden in the tube eventually and need thrown out, not much you can do about that. If you're not going to use much and are concerned re waste, you could buy a smaller tube of white silicon sealant e.g. 70ml and it'll do the trick.
Dumb thing is 70ml will probably cost more!

EDIT: the screwfix is the cheapest
I searched around

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back