how to find possible pipe location under concealed floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question, is it at all possible to find pipes under a floor? My neighbour downstairs is complaining about a leak and I really dont want to rip up the entire floor as I'm pretty sure there are no pipes under the bathroom floor. The pipes all run above the floor (visibly).

Sponsored Links
Tell the neighbour to pull down their ceiling to take a look ! :evil:

Sponsored Links
It is probably a leaking waste pipe.

Try to correlate when the leak appears with what you are dong in the bathroom.

Tony

It is probably a leaking waste pipe.

Try to correlate when the leak appears with what you are dong in the bathroom.

Tony

+1

Get your neighbour to draw a pencil line around the extent of the damp patch on their ceiling then try and avoid using shower/bath for a couple of days and ask him to monitor the damp, if it retreats from the pencil line as it dries then it'll be a waste or silicone defect. Start using the bath/shower again and see if it creeps back to the pencil line.
It might be easier to access the trap(s) from your neighbour's ceiling, to carry out repairs!

Most of these leaks are found under the bath.

Side panels should in my view be easily removable. Unfortunately many fitters don't do this. No one should give them any work.

Tony

Most of these leaks are found under the bath.

Side panels should in my view be easily removable. Unfortunately many fitters don't do this. No one should give them any work.

Tony

Or XO valve and pop-up waste fitted to the side of the bath that is against the wall! :cautious:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back