How to fit lead flashing under French doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Had a price to install a few windows which was a bit mental. Ive installed windows previously with no problems. However, these windows need lead under sill as there's no cavity (timber frame).I ain't got A clue about lead though. Is there an easy 'how to guide on this? This will save me £700 fitting fee if I can just find out how to do the lead, thanks in advance all.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
There are all sorts of ways to do leadwork, Some photos may help here
PVC or timber windows?
And just because I'm in Somerset, Where abouts are you?

Thank you for reply Gazman. It's all sorted now. It got a bit ridiculous TBH. Window fitters were saying it's a roofers job to do lead, roofers were saying it's a window fitters job, someone even mentioned it was a plumbers job!! Anyway, finally found a windows fitter who did a good job for £350. Even tho I didn't get the satisfaction of installing myself, it turned out well thankfully, thanks again Gazman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back