How to fit shower valve with 3/4" female thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise what fitting I should be using for a shower valve which has 3/4" female brass connectors on hot and cold inlet ?

The inlets are horizontal and the supply comes up from below, so it obviously needs to go through 90 degrees.

I've tried using 3/4" Male thread to 22mm elbow, but the trouble is when the elbow is screwed in tight it doesn't point in the right direction. Obviously if it's pointing in the right direction it will ne too loose and leak.

My thoughts so far are:
a) Washer - doubtful
b) Pack with PTFE tape - doubtful
c) Cut thread on elbow shorter - sounds destructive and can't be right.
d) Use a straight 3/4" to 22mm connector and then put in an elbow further out, but this will require a major re-route of the inlet piping and dozens of tiles to be removed.

Can anyone who's done this before help me?

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Use a 22mm to 3/4" male "angled" with parallel bsp thread (some are taper thread bspt) and use enough ptfe tape around the thread to make it tight. Sometimes you have to have a couple of goes to get it right. If you're a pessimist like wot I am put some silicone on the ptfe tape too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back