How to fix a new oak floor to a roughish concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a recently renovated house and the concrete floors are a bit on the rough side to say the least and I want to fix a new oak floor to it. I've read that i'm best gluing the oak strips directly to the concrete but someone said to me recently that as the concrete is rough I'd be best using cold tar adhesive (like used for parquet flooring blocks). Oh by the way there is underfloor heating buried in the concrete.

Can anyone suggest the best way to bond the oak to the concrete so there are no air gaps?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Steeeee said:
Can anyone suggest the best way to bond the oak to the concrete so there are no air gaps?

Thanks

Steve
You'll have to improve the state of the concrete floor, there's hardly any other (proper) way to avoid air-gaps.

Have you any suggestions as to how to improve the concrete floor finish? I've tried to angle grind out some of the highspots but its a big room 7.5 by 4 m and used leveling compound in the low spots. Is there a floor grinder on the market In could hire that would achieve a smooth finish?

Sponsored Links
Afraid I can't help you there. Wood on underfloor heating should inderd be glued down (manufacturers instructions = manufactureres guarantee). Hope someone else has ideas for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back