How to fix Aerial Mast brackets to a tiled wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I need to mount a TV Aerial to the gable end of my Chalet Bungalow.
It has particularly unattractive concrete tiles in this portion of the wall (see attached pic)

What is my best bet for mounting brackets to the tiles? I'll be using the big T brackets to spread the load rather than the smaller mounts.
I have some spare tiles which I can cut and mount in such a way that the brackets are presented with a flat surface. My natural inclination is toward shield anchors, drill through the tiles where they overlap and are on a batten and into the blockwork beneath. Can make the holes in the tiles larger diameter so as not to interact with the fixings, however will the tiles crack when doing up the fixings? Any recommendations? I'd love to ditch the tiles all together in time but probably as part of a bigger project in the future. They look like spares from Chernobyl to me.

Edit: Wondering if this is a bad idea all around from a general waterproof perspective, those tiles are protecting the blockwork.

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-25_12-9-11.png
    upload_2022-4-25_12-9-11.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 107
  • upload_2022-4-25_12-16-2.png
    upload_2022-4-25_12-16-2.png
    830.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am not competent at tile work, but I am sure I would lift off some tiles and screw the brackets to the brickwork, then rehang the tiles, nibbling off clearance round the frame. If you have a multicutter you can use a diamond blade.

I'd expect to find felt or membrane behind the tiles.

My first question would be "could i mount the aerial anywhere else" trying to fix a bracket to that wall is nigh on impossible without damaging the tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back