how to fix masterboard under lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as above really i been asked to masterboard under my catnic lintel for fire protection on my garage door, this is on the outside of the garage as the door sits on the inside wall. how best do i fix the board someone mentioned pladterboard adhesive would be fine, is this true as its likelt to get abit of moisture over time.

Sponsored Links
thats looks good but no screw fix near here. so might give that a go if the drywall adhesive is a no goer. anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Hi

Go to: www.Sika.co.uk

Select Construction Data Sheets / Structural Bonding / Sikadur 33 or Sikadur 31 may suit- If you have any queries contact Sika - contact information is on their web site.

Regards

not sure, the beam is just outside of the gasrage door, it supports a 3m span across the door which there is a bedroom above. i guess if there was a car on fire outside irts to give time to leave the building before the beam gives way? i have seen many other places with the lintel fire proffed with the same aplication.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back