Steel lintel under existing concrete lintel

I did think about that also letting in as much light as possible but keep getting different views from others
I had similar trouble deciding where to put windows in the turret of the east wing; every one had a different view..

Sponsored Links
Given that it's render above you could build a timber frame (insulated), clad with cement board and rendered to match existing. It would probably look better than mismatched bricks and/or brickwork where the adjacent houses don't have any.
Having thought about it long enough I have decided to go with this option as it looks like the easiest option for me and I know I’ll be sacrificing natural light into the room.

For the timber size would treated 2 by 4 be enough or should I be going for something more substantial in size?

Surely building and rendering a timber frame is harder than getting a window that's sized to the hole and plonking it in?

Sponsored Links
Surely building and rendering a timber frame is harder than getting a window that's sized to the hole and plonking it in?
Indeed I had a rethink and went for a larger window to bring more light in. It’s a much better choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back