How to fix skirting to a rounded corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one corner in the house which is curved. The diameter is probably about 80-100mm.

I am comfortable fixing skirting to uneven walls but not sure about this one as it's too sharp to bend skirting around. What do the professionals do?

Sponsored Links
I've not bought the skirting for this room yet but have only ever used wood before. Am open to suggestions though!

Hi there,

Depends on the size of the curve. Bigger curve has a different solution to this problem.

With this problem you would probably get away with doing a small piece of skirting at the corner, 22.5 degree cuts at ends, and running the longer lengths into it.

Any gaps on top will have to be caulked.

Steve :)

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Depends on the size of the curve. Bigger curve has a different solution to this problem.

With this problem you would probably get away with doing a small piece of skirting at the corner, 22.5 degree cuts at ends, and running the longer lengths into it.

i agree with you, it looks miles better imo than 2x 45s and a big flat top of filler

Hi there,

i agree with you, it looks miles better imo than 2x 45s and a big flat top of filler

this is what i would do aswell,but just for info,if the piece you put in ends up being on the small side.then you might be able to sand it down to virtually replicate the curve of the wall??

I have one corner in the house which is curved. The diameter is probably about 80-100mm.

I am comfortable fixing skirting to uneven walls but not sure about this one as it's too sharp to bend skirting around. What do the professionals do?

Are you sure about diameter looks tiny?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back