How to fix this gap please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The handle of my UPVC patio door wouldn't lift up far enough to allow me to lock the door with the key. So, I played around with the Vertical, Lateral and Compression bolts that are part of the Trojan Patriot 3D Flag hinges. The vertical adjustment fixed it, so the door now closes and locks very smoothly.

But I am left with a gap where the door touches the frame, so the the door can wiggle about 2mm in or out if I pull and push the handle. I've tried adjusting the Vertical, Lateral and Cpompresison bolts plus the Cams but I can't see the adjustments make a dfference to the gap. It's not a major problem but I'm thinking it might rattle in windy conditions.

What adjustments - if any - are most likely to fix the gap, please.

Attachments

• Resized Door gap.jpg
    Resized Door gap.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Resized Cams.jpg
    Resized Cams.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 119
  • Resized Underside of Trojan Pariot 3D Flap Hinge resized.jpg
    Resized Underside of Trojan Pariot 3D Flap Hinge resized.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The problem with those hinges, it allows the door to drop. So turn the front (outward) allen screw to raise the door. As you rotate it you will see the door move in and out as well.

Thank you. Is it adjuster 1 (in yellow) or adjuster 2 (in pink) below that should get rid of the gap, please.

Attachments

• Resized Hinge again.jpg
    Resized Hinge again.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 76

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back