how to 'flush' the toilet with a bucket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our only toilet (close coupled) has finally died. I pulled the chain too hard (the handle had snapped off so I had made an impromtu clothes hanger handle while we sourced another) and managed to completely break the siphon/piston part. I've called the plumber - he's coming round tomorrow to fix it but said in the meantime, all I have to do is flush the loo with a bucket of water.

I've had one go but I'm not sure I've got the right technique. Do I need to fill a standard size bucket with water and then chuck it in with force or is it better just to pour the water in?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
just pour it in, if you "chuck it in with force" you may get a "splash back" (not a nice thought)

Lucky I hadn't tried to chuck it in yet! Will go and try the pouring method then. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
This is a do it yourself forum, not a (flu) sh it yourself forum.
chaos.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back