Toilet Poor Flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with a problem I've had for 2 years please?
2 years ago I fitted an Ideal Standard 'Space Corner' toilet. From day one, it alyways had a really poor flush. It won't take any toilet paper away whatsoever.

I've had the Soil Pipe checked for blockages, and I've also had various Plumbers have a look at it - all to no avail!!!

I've recently replaced the Gebrit dual valve Siphon in case it was faulty, but it's still no good.

After 2years of flushing the toilet with a bucket of water, my wife says we must replace it with a different toilet.

Anyone got any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Water saving regulations means that toilets can only flush with up to 6 litres of water.

I doubt that there is any current toilet which will live up to your expectations.

I once fitted a new toilet cistern for an old couple. They did not like the flush volume and did not want to pay me ( as if it was in any way my fault! ).

Eventually, after they had spent an hour discussing the matter between themselves in yiddish, they did reluctantly pay me.

I would now ask to be paid in advance to avoid that problem again.

Tony

Hi Terry,
I'm no expert (!) but:

Was it a NEW install (or replacement) system ?
Does it seem to you that you are getting the right amount of water per flush ?
Does it seem to you that the flush is as vigorous as other toilets ?
Is the Pan outlet into the floor or out through a wall ?

I’m trying to ascertain whether the problem is with the flushing or the draining side.

You may want to contact Ideal Standard about this particular model. There may be a known ‘niggle’ with it.

Hi Terry,
I'm no expert (!) but:

Was it a NEW install (or replacement) system ?
Does it seem to you that you are getting the right amount of water per flush ?
Does it seem to you that the flush is as vigorous as other toilets ?
Is the Pan outlet into the floor or out through a wall ?

I’m trying to ascertain whether the problem is with the flushing or the draining side.

You may want to contact Ideal Standard about this particular model. There may be a known ‘niggle’ with it.

This was a 'New Install'.
It seems that I am getting the right amount of water - but maybe not as fast as It should be?
The Pan outlet is through the wall but it's on a good angle and I've had it checked for blockages.
I think it must be a 'Niggle as so many people have looked at it and no one can actually find anything wrong with it....apart from the fact it won't flush a single piece of toilet paper away!!!!

Sponsored Links
Have you tried taking the lid of the cistern and trying to flush? Is it then any better? Two blobs of sealant in the corner helps mine, some how the ceramic lid seals and you dont get any air in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back