Toilet not flushing paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a new close coupled toilet with a 6 litre flush. The waster outlet terminates to the side with a rigid bent pan connector.
The entire 6 litres does flush in to the pan yet when initially testing, it does not take away toilet paper. It’s just spins round in the bowl. There is not blockage and the water level doesn’t need adjusting.
Is this just a case of a poorly designed toilet? Or maybe the bent pan con cause by issues?
Anyone had this before on a toilet where water level is correct and no blockages

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the pan holes for a blockage? Did you use any jointing compound on the cistern or components? Is the pan connector going uphill? Try using a bucket of water - 6 Litres to be precise.

Have you checked the pan holes for a blockage? Did you use any jointing compound on the cistern or components? Is the pan connector going uphill? Try using a bucket of water - 6 Litres to be precise.
I’m going to try 6 litres in a bucket today. There’s no blockages and the waste is fine. I don’t use jointing compound on a toilet.
The flush pattern in to the bowl is 4 nets from each corner whereas most is back and front.
I think it’s just a defective toilet. Will find out with a bucket of water I guess

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
So today …. 6 litres straight out a bucket didn't change the outcome, I raised the toilet up (temporarily) to see if it made a difference and it didn’t. Different paper didn’t work.
When the paper is wet it does go down correctly. It also worked after having a shyte ….. just doesn’t flush paper on it’s own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back