Toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

Having a small issue with a toilet when flushing...
It won't flush paper for some reason..
I changed the siphon and highered up the level of water for the flush but still no different anyone any other ideas..

Sponsored Links
Didi it used to work & now it doesn't? When you changed syphon had the old diaphragm fallen apart and bits flushed in to the pan inlet? Is the outlet OK or uphill?

You could have a restriction (partial blockage) in the pipe, try adding a bucket of water in the pan and plunging the pan. I`ve also found reducing the water level in the cistern can cure it.

Change your paper-- IZAL won't flush as well as Andrex super soft will - for example. Seriously.

Sponsored Links
At my last house I had this long term project to create a Victorian Bog - got most of the stuff ready including a new old stock IZAL roll. Fitted a cast iron drinking fountain to the wall as a basin - then we sold up !! the new owner said " I don't mind the basin but I'd take the other stuff out if you'd fitted it":unsure: so I flogged it all again , even the genuine penny in the slot lock I was going to put on the door:(

Its an abiding memory of my Grandparents home in Birmingham, growing up in the 70's. They only had an outside WC, and used Izal as it didn't get damp in the winter. I used to sleep in the boxroom at the front of the house, so it was a long walk along the landing, downstairs, and through the house, out the back door to use the loo in the night.

Bloody freezing in the winter, and I swear blind the landing floor sloped.

Is Izal the stuff like grease proof paper that schools used to use?.

It doesn't remove anything just smears it around..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back