How to Gas Rate With No Meter Reading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I am a gas safe installer but I have never come across this before.

I have recently gone to installer a cooker at a customers house and gone to gas rate it at the end and noticed there wasn't any readings on the digital display. no matter how many times i pressed A and B it masde no difference, im assuming the battery has gone in the meter.

So is there another way to gas rate it with out using the meter this one has proper stumped me. ???????????????????????????????

Sponsored Links
Yea the battery is dead, you need to get the customer to contact their supplier (not nat grid) and get the battery replaced, cant think of any other way to gas rate your cooker.

Sponsored Links
Thought it would result in that, bit of a ball ache but if there's no other way round it that's what the customer will have to do

These modern smart meters I'd say it's impossible to gas rate as the display doesn't respond fast enough. Unless you can see the rate in the fancy display in the house.

Temp meter?? What do you mean. And I no there a nightmare they give you abit of an idea that's about it

Why are you discussing gas in a Public Forum????

There is a Place for that,

Lets face it, Some people don't have a clue when it comes to problem solving Dan.

Haha very true, I was discussing it on here as I was on a job and couldn't be bothered to go and find my gas safe reg/licence number from the van to be able to register to the gas safe forum, luckily I'm intelligent enough to recognise people's advice that is logical

I'm retired and maybe not up with current procedures. Since when has it been a requirement to gas rate cookers, when all that was ever required was a working pressure test at the appliance. Just asking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back