How to get a smooth flow from a new tap help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a Mayfair Rumba Monobloc Kitchen Tap.

In the end it has a coarse plastic "sieve" insert consisting of 16 segments which makes the water come out like a very thick shower spray.
I've had a look at other taps which allow a single stream of water through and these seem to have a very fine "sieve".

Sorry for the none technical term, I hope this makes sense.

Can anyone please tell me is these inserts that go in the end can be bought separately or if there is an alternative.

I've replaced the original insert with a piece of dishwasher cloth to test my idea and it does make all the difference. We now have a single stream of water coming out of the tap. But the bits of cloth sticking out of the sides isn't a new fashion trend.

Thanks for looking,
Bern

Sponsored Links
Aerators are available from Lunns.net, but there are a few differing thread diameters....possibly they could help.
Very helpful on the phone, too.
John :)

Burnerman,

Aha, so it's an aerator I'm after. Thank you for this and the contact.

I'm a self employed gardener by trade so the thought of sticking an aerator up the nozzle makes my brain hurt! :)

Cheers,
Bern

Sponsored Links
May your chainsaw never stall, Bern :p
Be lucky.....last time an aerator disappeared, it was in the bloody kettle all along :eek:
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back