How to get neat 45 degree corners with render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get neat sharp corners when rendering a 22.5 degree bay windows corners. It's the brick portion that's painted white that needs tidying up. Also with the air bricks that have been installed at some point to help with damp despite there being no cavity and prior to a concrete floor can these just be rendered over?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Make yourself something like this out of wood, if you can't get that edge with a normal float

m68.jpg

I'd never get a neat edge just by eye and hand, i've render some flat area but never a corner not even a 90 degree corner but i believe there is metal beads for that.

Was kinda hoping there was something that the pro's used and i just couldn't find it on the net.

what about the air bricks can these just be rendered over?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
But surely they are redundant,

Like i said the lower one used for venting the floor space is of no good as its now a concrete floor in that room now and the higher one was put in by previous owner to help with the damp inside due to old Victorian house with thick wall no damp course or cavity. I have since had the wall injected with a damp course and damp proof rendered internally so surly these air bricks are doing nowt. the top one doesnt t even go through the thickness of the wall

Oh sorry, i didn't see the bit about the air bricks being redundant. If they are, then yes you can.

For the bay corner, you could use a stainless steel bead if your rendering skills are not that good.

Just use some cheap plastic bead. If you mess it up you've only lost a few pence.

So can you get a 22.5 degree bead. I apologies for my lack of knowledge as i thought you could only get 90 degree

Thanks for your tips

Get a standard bead, and bend the mesh out to suit.

I'm not sure if plastic bead will bend out that much, without trying to spring back. Have a look first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back