How to get rid of black wet mould under bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of completely stripping out the bathroom and renewing. I took off the bath panels today and found that under the bath is wet with quite a lot of blackening (mould).

The bath is on wooden planks which themselves are on a concrete floor. Don't see any form of protection on the concrete floor.

My question is how do I get rid of this wet black mould? Everything is going so there is no point fixing the cause, I now need to just eliminate this wet and mould and reseal before plumbing in new bath etc..

What is the best way to do this and what should I reseal the concrete with before putting the bath back in place?

Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
You need to find out why it is getting wet under the bath and fix that too. :(

Jeyes fluid or bleach will clean it up and make sure it is completely dry before you fit bath.

wet concrete takes months to dry out, so, even when you think it is fixed, do your new bath panel so that air can circulate under the bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back