how to get rid of your rubbish...

I

imamartian

So they're gonna start weighing my bin and charging me buy the pound? (cough) .. errr ... by the kilo? eh?
chip n bin?

well i reckon your discerning householder will look to dispose of their household waste in a number of innovative weighs (spot the pun !)

Here's my ideas....

1. Burn it
2. put it in the neighbours bin
3. Leave it in a lay-by
4. chuck it over someone's fence
5. put it in someone elses skip
6. flush it down the loo
7. take it to work and put it in their bin

give me more...

Sponsored Links
i am a recycling obsessive almost... i take staples out of cardboard, and labels off od tin cans..... i fetch bits of fruit out of the bin to put in my compost.....

my OP was about the criminal mind... how will it dispose of it's waste rather that pay the council twice (council tax + chip n bin)?

Defra said:
...How many fly-tips have been reported?

Local authorities reported that they had dealt with over 2.6 million incidents of fly-tipping. However, Liverpool City Council accounted for half of this number. ;)

How many fly-tipping prosecutions were there in 2006-07?

Local authorities carried out 1,371 prosecutions in 2006-07, of which 94% achieved a successful outcome...

That's about 0.05%... 1 flytipper in 2000

:(

Sponsored Links
Our council's bin scheme annoys me...

Its a one fits all solution, which clearly does not fit all.

I live in a 2 bed terrace with my gf, with no access to back other than through the house.

We have a garden waste bin, full size. Useful for our "garden" which mainly consists of flags

A half sized paper and cardboard bin, useful but way too small. Most of our rubbish goes in here.

A tiny green box for glass, cans and plastics, which is filled in one week

And then a full sized landfill waste bin, which is usually full after about a month.

Becasue of the no access to back garden thing, we have to have all of these bins crammed into our tiny garden area at the front, and it looks awful.

So they're gonna start weighing my bin and charging me buy the pound? (cough) .. errr ... by the kilo? eh?
chip n bin?

well i reckon your discerning householder will look to dispose of their household waste in a number of innovative weighs (spot the pun !)

Here's my ideas....

1. Burn it
3. Leave it in a lay-by
6. flush it down the loo

give me more...

dont most who live in derby just leave it piling in the garden? ;)

1) Burn it? I would do some of that. :) :) :)

2, 3, 4 and 5)? Now that's not cricket! :evil: :evil: :evil:

6) Flush it down the loo? An interesting idea but probably not worth the effort involved. Not recommended if you've got a water meter.

7) Take it to work? It wouldn't get that far. There are lots of public litter bins along the way. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have a large green wheelie bin that all my paper, card, tin and plastic goes in, this is emptied every other week.

My landfill bin often goes in the back of my van on a trip to one of my customers who has a waste compactor, it's been as far north as Bury and as far south as St Albans :D

weve just had the wheelie bins imposed on us.

No we wont take any extra rubbish that doesnt fit in the bins, you have to take it to the local dump. SO what happns at christmas for example, when everyone has a lot of extra waste?

oh and the blue boxes we gave you , with property of adur district council, stamped all over them....they are yours to dispose of, nothing to do with us. Might be dropping mine off down the council offices i think

seems im paying more for less.

weve just had the wheelie bins imposed on us.

No we wont take any extra rubbish that doesnt fit in the bins, you have to take it to the local dump.

Typical!! how will the fact that you and thousands more will have to make a special trip t'tip save the Planet?? These pinstripes dont seem to worry how much fuel is wasted with all these 'Biffa trucks' making at least 3 visits nowadays and still people have to go to tip. It would be interesting to know how much extra fuel is being wasted on this pointless exercise, compared to say 10 yrs ago when life was much sweeter then.
:LOL:

We've been subjected to the wheelie bins as well now. It's like the bloody Krypton Factor assault course trying to get them out cos the only place to store them is at the back of the house and we've got to try and squeeze them up the path, past the gate, then try and open the gate whilst sprawled across the top of the wheelie bin (always keeping one foot on the floor of course), then negotiate it out of a gate that wasn't designed for a bloody massive wheelie bin. Then put it on the pavement - with handles facing out to the road cos God help the bin men if they actually had to turn it round - and all of this on a hill that's like the north face of the Eiger. On a windy day, of course, they all blow over and then there's rubbish scattered all over the street.

And our council only seem to recycle paper. They don't recycle the likes of carrier bags. They do glass, but we don't have any bins for glass and tins, that has to go to the tip. And when you go to the tip and you're looking around for the relevant place to put things, the council guy comes along, takes it from you and lobs it in a ruddy big skip!

Kinda defeats the purpose.................

The thought of Alison sprawled over the top of her wheelie bin has cheered me up no end :D

So, councils move to fortnightly collections in the interests of saving the planet and encounter all manner of dissent from the public.

What do they do ... They offer to put on additional collections ... At an additional cost ... Outrageous :LOL:

They could only get away with this in Britain.

MW

chip n bin?

Here's my ideas....

1. Burn it
3. Leave it in a lay-by
6. flush it down the loo

give me more...

If/when weighing comes in, all of the above will increase to some extent without a doubt. The chavtastic estates near us will smell even better!

Sponsored Links
Back