How to get uniform paint cover over filled surfaces / old plaster

1 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

What is the best way of fixing patchy paint on a surface which has new filler and old plaster on it?
The filled area seem to have a different shade compared to the older plastered areas, particulary under direct light.

Is lining paper the only solution to this or just apply as many coats as needed till the paint looks uniform under direct light?

Or cover it with Gardz, bearing in mind the expense particularly in a hall and landing scenario.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local