How to get wallpaper and plaster residue out of a wool carpet??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, the decorator didnt put any protection down when he was ripping the paper off, and then the plasterer made a bit of a mess too somehow!
I already had the damn thing cleaned few weeks back, Things have been organized badly hahaha!

Would like to try and deal with it myself this time as low on funds..unless its super difficult, any idea anyone, please?
IMG_20230626_134543.jpg

Sponsored Links
We bought one of these shortly after we had our wool carpets put down:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BISSELL-SpotClean-Portable-Carpet-Cleaner/dp/B01MSJEK7P

Sometimes in conjunction with this for stubborn stains:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-Stain-Spray-Extra-Strong/dp/B00D6E66EG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2V1Q4XOW60YPX&keywords=hg+carpet+cleaner&qid=1687891552&s=kitchen&sprefix=hg+carpet+cleaner,kitchen,91&sr=1-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Plaster will need mechanical removal so toothbrush or similar, but then the spotclean will suck up the residue/stain. I'd imagine that the wallpaper residue will come out as well just by using the bissell and their cleaning fluid. I used to try various methods to soak up the stain but nothing works as well as a proper carpet cleaner and makes the job infinitely easier. Worst stain I've got out is boiling hot black coffee on our brand new wool carpet. I called a couple of professional carpet cleaner companies and they wrote my carpet off saying I wouldn't get it out. The stain spray plus the bissell completely removed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back