How to get window ventilation slots - double glazed windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have recently moved into a new home. The house is fitted with double glazed windows but I have noticed that there are no ventilation slots at the top of the window frames. The ceiling in the bedrooms appear sto be forming slight damp and I presume it is because the mositure cannot escape.

What can I do, i don't want to fork out a shed load to buy new windows. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Big Yin

Sponsored Links
We do that during the summer but isn't really feasible during the winter. It is too cold up here to do that.

but if its too cold in the winter, will not ventilation slots be just as cold?

and when i say slightly open, i mean slightly, our windows have 2 postions as such, shut or ever so slightly open, and of coures open as wide as you like within reason. but in the fisrt two cases you can still lock the window.

As i see it you can not drill the window becuse you may hit something you shouldn't, you may let water in to somewhere it shouldnt go if you do drill a hole.

Only other thought if you can't lock windows slightly open is ask a double glazing go is there a retrofit vent available

Sponsored Links
I take it you realised i mean double glazing co, not go?
(my siganture really is there for a reason) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back