How to get your online information erased?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Recently I heard that you can have all your previous historical posts and other information put online erased or amended.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me the correct procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Folks

Recently I heard that you can have all your previous historical posts and other information put online erased or amended.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me the correct procedure for doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Why does it contain evidence of criminal activity? :)

Or libellous?

Sponsored Links
Search Google, obvs. :rolleyes:

But I am intrigued as to what you have done that could possibly warrant removing from history in the first place. o_O

I suggest the mods request a reasonable fee. Given the new GDPR rules came in just a few weeks back, the internet is full of people (not saying the OP is one) trolling the internet looking to create work for people.

I suggest the mods request a reasonable fee. Given the new GDPR rules came in just a few weeks back, the internet is full of people (not saying the OP is one) trolling the internet looking to create work for people.
In actual fact GDPR only becomes enforceable on 25/05/18

Another one of those pesky EU rules.

Imagine not being able to take control of your own data ;)

In actual fact GDPR only becomes enforceable on 25/05/18

Another one of those pesky EU rules.

Imagine not being able to take control of your own data ;)
The DPA has been in force since 2000, and the "right to be forgoten" a more recent concept from about 2014 and part of that old chestnut the Human Rights Act.

The GDPR brings in more specific rules on data erasure but may not be the one that is used for internet search engines.

Last edited:
Speaking from experience, you are far better off going into all of your comments, profiles, etc, and deleting the contents.
P issing off the mods or whatever denies you the right to delete any comments, because you may no longer have any access, and you have to contact admin to ask them to delete your comments. Do not hold your breath for any response.
If you are about to p iss off the mods, I suggest you manually delete any comments beforehand.

Sponsored Links
Back