How to transfer photos from old to new phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I used to have an iphone 5S and recently obtained a Samsung Galaxy A3, as part of an upgrade package.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to transfer my photos from the old to the new phone?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there are many ways to do what you want to do but with you moving to android with the A3 perhaps the easiest way is with Google photos. install that on your iPhone, open it and sign in to your Google account you use on the A3. set the app to back up your photos. now when you install and go to the same app (Google photos) on your A3 they should all be there.

Get the photo up on your old phone and take a picture with your new phone. You might need to do some cropping.

Sponsored Links
iPhones are crap for sharing and transferring directly between devices.

Google photos uploads a lower resolution image by default for the free unlimited storage. So be sure to change this setting to "original resolution" to transfer the originals if that is important.

Uploading to an online store and then leaving the photos there and accessing them via app or web is normal. Or if you must, you can then redownload them to the new device. But store them on an SD card or the phone will clog up.

I'd start by backing up all your photos periodically; to your PC, to the cloud; to a DVD. Much distress occurs when precious family photos or other collections get lost after the crash or theft of a device.

On my Android phones, I can copy files, including photos, by connecting the phone to the PC with a USB cable and using File Explorer, copy and paste. They usually are in a folder called phone/DCIM/Camera but it might be 100Media or something.

Often if you plug a phone into USB, it will open a window offering to copy files.

I often just copy them to a folder called CameradumpYYYYMMDD and sort it out later (maybe)

I'm not a iuser so it might be different.

It's the same on my iPhone. USB into a widows laptop then it automatically opens the file '100Apple' and I can cut/paste from there to the computer.

You can use Dropbox, upload photo's from any device.
Never a good idea to have a phone as the sole storage for photo's.

Sponsored Links
Back