Smart phones... again!!

What I would like to know is, why is it that the young and trendy seem to think that there is only one 'phone to own, the iPhone, when the Samsung will knock spots off it for much less money. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Eddie sounds as if he's all thumbs, perhaps that's why he thinks the BlackBerry is so good. Cannot speak for the S4, tad beyond my pocket even though they are pretty big

What I would like to know is, why is it that the young and trendy seem to think that there is only one 'phone to own, the iPhone, when the Samsung will knock spots off it for much less money. :rolleyes:

I think that would have to do with very efficient marketing on Apple's behalf. They're not even the worst though, Vertu's £4000 monstrosity is actually inferior to the iPhone.

Sponsored Links

I think that's what my wife thought when she got hers and, although she might be slightly trendy, I'm afraid she's no longer young. (Am I glad she doesn't know about this forum!)

Mind you, when she first got one iPhones were probably the best at the time.

Personally, I don't like Apple's greedy attitude, and that goes for their phones and their computers.

Ah JBR I agree about apple and just to let you know that I too am a missionary, but I was sent to the depths of Northumberland to try to educate the wode wearing rapers and pillagers from across the border having previously escaped from the Newcastle Geordies, I get back to my haven in Ripon on occasions though.

We're all as young as we feel.

I am still in my 20's: if I shut my eyes and I can remember coming out of the cinema with my mates having watched Back To The Future... ;)

Trouble is, if I open them and then look in a mirror...... :cry:

Eddie sounds as if he's all thumbs, perhaps that's why he thinks the BlackBerry is so good. Cannot speak for the S4, tad beyond my pocket even though they are pretty big

Not really my BB has an app that appears to be lacking on the S4 it makes the phone make sounds and vibrates (configurable) when someone else types in a unique identifer beginning 07 upon the noise or vibration I can press a green button and talk to said person, when I have finished I press a red button. My S4 on the other hand takes messages (if the other party can be bothered to leave a message) it cannot handle email in any way shape or form, crashes frequently and requires charging every day..... this is S4 (2) SIMS (3) batteries (2) bit carp if you ask me.

Ah JBR I agree about apple and just to let you know that I too am a missionary, but I was sent to the depths of Northumberland to try to educate the wode wearing rapers and pillagers from across the border having previously escaped from the Newcastle Geordies, I get back to my haven in Ripon on occasions though.

Ah, a fellow missionary from Yorkshire to lesser races. I suppose that's why they call it God's County.

May as well join in here:

I might have been born in Wales, brought up in London and live in Cheshire, but I spent 6 secondary school years in Yorkshire and it's reet grand lad! ;)

May as well join in here:

I might have been born in Wales, brought up in London and live in Cheshire, but I spent 6 secondary school years in Yorkshire and it's reet grand lad! ;)

Don't feel too bad about it, SS. Unfortunately, not everyone can be a native Yorkie although I know that many wish they were!

Sponsored Links
Back