Smart phones... again!!

I don't! They were great years and it's a cracking place to live and play: used to love my school outings to the North York Moors, Malham Tarn, Nidderdale etc....

Sponsored Links
May as well join in here:

I might have been born in Wales, brought up in London and live in Cheshire, but I spent 6 secondary school years in Yorkshire and it's reet grand lad! ;)

Don't feel too bad about it, SS. Unfortunately, not everyone can be a native Yorkie although I know that many wish they were!

I can claim that... I was born in leeds.

Seriously, though, like everywhere else there are good places and bad places in Yorkshire. My home town, for example, is certainly not what it once was.

Seriously, though, like everywhere else there are good places and bad places in Yorkshire. My home town, for example, is certainly not what it once was.

Dewsbury, Rotherham, sheffield, Doncaster, Bradford, Halifax. ... list is quite big!!!..... sorry bit of a senior moment there!!

Sponsored Links

Dewsbury, Rotherham, sheffield, Doncaster, Bradford, Halifax. ... list is quite big!!!..... sorry bit of a senior moment there!!

I think Halifax is OK.

They are all ok like pretty much elsewhere in the UK, draw the line at London having had to live and work there for a short while, but I prefer the North and East Yorkshire areas above all.

They are all ok like pretty much elsewhere in the UK, draw the line at London having had to live and work there for a short while, but I prefer the North and East Yorkshire areas above all.

I agree. The North Riding and the northern part of the West Riding are nicest, but then that's where the national parks are situated.

JBR";p="2975788 said:

I think Halifax is OK.[/quot

It's in nice surroundings but It's a bit of a dump in itself. Yeah it's north Yorkshire for me.... but darn sarf can be very beautiful too. .. in a different way.

Darn sarf Yorkshire?

Or darn sarf darn sarf? ;)

It reminds me of a lady I spoke to on the phone once (she was in London) and I was trying to locate a part.

Where do you live?

In the North West.

North West London?

I had to remind her the country consisted of more than the capital. :rolleyes:

I grew up in the chilterns, lots of small chocolate box villages set in rolling hills. Of course all the wealthy have poured in now and house prices are among the most expensive outside london but a lot of the community feel as well as the bucks accent have disappeared. Commuter ville now.

Darn sarf Yorkshire?

Or darn sarf darn sarf? ;)

It reminds me of a lady I spoke to on the phone once (she was in London) and I was trying to locate a part.

Where do you live?

In the North West.

North West London?

I had to remind her the country consisted of more than the capital. :rolleyes:

Many southerners think England stops at Watford Gap. Then, presumably, Scotland begins.

Their loss, of course!

I grew up in the chilterns, lots of small chocolate box villages set in rolling hills. Of course all the wealthy have poured in now and house prices are among the most expensive outside london but a lot of the community feel as well as the bucks accent have disappeared. Commuter ville now.

Mrs R and I once thought about moving to the Chilterns but, when we had a look at house prices, we quickly changed our minds. Beautiful place, though.

Sponsored Links
Back