how to glue inside glass to oven door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
folks, the inside piece of glass on my oven door as come adrift at the bottom and both sides, just attached at the top. I have found some high temp sealant to reseat the glass, but cannot figure out how to get the glass back in position for the sealant to set...the glass keeps falling away. Any clues?

Sponsored Links
You have to take the door apart, clean the glass and the area it is to be glued to. Run the bead of glue onto the metal surface, place the glass on it and then sit a fairly heavy weight on it and leave for around 24 hours to cure.
Did this with Indesit doors years ago, never had a recall on them.

What sort of sealant did you use?

I've been recommended neutral cure black RTV silicon.

Do you know where I can get this from?

Sponsored Links
A kit is available specially for the repair of oven door glass where the glue has failed, the kit includes the correct heat resistant adhesive

To carry out the repair it is best to remove the oven door, see the Remove oven door video

Once the door is off you should be able to remove the fascia glass by accessing the screws that are normally found on the bottom edge of the door which hold brackets screwed to the inside of the fascia.

You can then access the glass inside the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back