How to glue lead gutter to plastic gutter on conservatory wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I wonder if you can help me with this issue?
I noticed a green slowly growing stain on the inside wall of my Dad's conservatory in one of the corners at the top. The conservatory is built where there was a wash-house so it sits inbetween the house and the remaining wash house on the property boundary. It's got a gutter that doesn't seem to have any fall and water just pools in it.

On the corner where the stain is the lead gutter along the back meets a plastic section of guttering and there is a sizable gap between the two. I can't remember which one sits above the other but water gets between the two and since it doesnt drain, it just seeps into the wall.

Is there a way I can glue this down with something. Whats the best stuff to glue plastic and lead together?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can't glue the two as they are each highly prone to movement at different rates. You can seal gaps with Leadmate, or a similar sillicone/polymer mastic.

There used to be a product called "Rito" that we used to join cast iron gutter .
It was a Black non setting Bitumastic sealant.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back