How to increase pressure on boiler/water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so we have a potterson promax so boiler and a water tank ... we have gas however the boiler has completely cut out and there is no hot water or heating, the pressure on the tank is very low... how do I increase the pressure? I have tried turning both valves but nothing happens - pictures for reference

Attachments

• 290B9897-9EC6-421B-B0D8-ED1D894FEC67.jpeg
    290B9897-9EC6-421B-B0D8-ED1D894FEC67.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 254
  • CF4B546B-F325-46E6-AE70-C4DDFA8AFE6F.jpeg
    CF4B546B-F325-46E6-AE70-C4DDFA8AFE6F.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 8385499D-FC2F-48B4-8259-81D1FFF3EF9B.jpeg
    8385499D-FC2F-48B4-8259-81D1FFF3EF9B.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 246
Sponsored Links
Hi, so we have a potterson promax so boiler and a water tank ... we have gas however the boiler has completely cut out and there is no hot water or heating, the pressure on the tank is very low... how do I increase the pressure? I have tried turning both valves but nothing happens - pictures for reference

In your first photo, with the red item at the top of the photo, below and to the left appears to be the filling loop. The silver flexible pipe, has an isolating valve at either end, the one on the upper /left in the photo is turned to off..

If you turn the knob on that 90 deg, it should allow water into your system. Watch the pressure on the gauge to the left of the valve and stop adding water when it reads 2.0.

Shouldn’t the slotted screw on the bottom valve also be turned 90° too - in line with the pipe/flow? When at the correct pressure, both should be turned off.

Shouldn’t the slotted screw on the bottom valve also be turned 90° too? When at the correct pressure, both should be turned off.

Sorry, yes - I didn't see that!

Once repressurised, then the pipe is supposed to be disconnected on the left and the cap fitted in its place.

All three isolation points should be turned to off, the two valve handles turned to being at right angles to the pipe and the screw slot as well.

Sponsored Links
Also, I think the pressure when cold should be between 1 and 1.5 bar. 2 bar might be too high.

you say the systems completely cut out, is there power to the boiler? Have you accidentally turned a switch off? Guidelines for increasing the pressure have been explained above, if there’s still an issue the. One of the valve handles could be rounded inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back