How To Keep Metal Gate Open Against A Brick Wall

Sponsored Links
it can be as simple as a 6mm screw set 3mm above the natural path off the gate so a "lift" off the gate near the wall will hook on the screw held on by weight
also a turn buckle [ a block off wood 5mm greater than wall to gate front face] and a small timber turn latch to restrict

Sponsored Links
it can be as simple as a 6mm screw set 3mm above the natural path off the gate so a "lift" off the gate near the wall will hook on the screw held on by weight
also a turn buckle [ a block off wood 5mm greater than wall to gate front face] and a small timber turn latch to restrict
Yes I think that might work well. A block of wood fixed to the wall and another fixed to it so it can rotate and hold the gate in place. Saves buying anything other than some long screws to fix the wood to the wall, I'm pretty sure I have some offcuts of wood that will be the right thickness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back