How to keep the cats in the garden?

Cats only bury their business in their own garden.
The law changed recently and you are no longer supposed to let your cats out overnight.

Can you prove either of these statements?.....

Firstly, they do thier business in my garden and dont cover it up...

Secondly if you can prove that LAW exists about cats going out at night, it could come in very handy for several others on here....

If its ilegal, then surely its tresspass... if its damage to property, they you can protect property.... ***** ******

ive also found ******** *********

Sponsored Links
Cats only bury their business in their own garden.
The law changed recently and you are no longer supposed to let your cats out overnight.

Can you prove either of these statements?.....

Firstly, they do thier business in my garden and dont cover it up...
That's definately not a cat; could be a fox, badger or whatever but it's not a cat, they always bury!

foxes use their muck to mark territory. it is very black and smelly due I understand to the blood of the small animals they eat.

They like to put it in promiment positions - the midde of paths, on top of low walls etc

Sponsored Links
I'm remeber viewing a house once and there was big picture in a frame of there cats, I asked them do they have a cat just small talk and the owner asked me was I 'a p u s s y lover' :rolleyes: :LOL: couldnt keep a straight face :LOL:

Sorry, completely forgot to reply to this one.

Richard C said:
they always bury!
I'm sorry but that's not true; I've seen evidence with my own eyes.
The fact that a lot of cat owners believe this fallacy is part of the problem. Maybe some people genuinely don't realise and would install a system like is being discussed here or not have a cat if they did.
I can only think that cats want to mark other areas.

In terms of the law, it's not 100% straight forward. The recent animal welfare act now means you have a 'duty of care' to your pets and must prevent injury. During the initial publicity they said owners would have to keep their cats in at night to protect them.
However, there are supposed to be codes of practice advising owners what they're expected to do which haven't come out yet.
Therefore it's a badly implemented law and probably needs a test case.
I don't see how you can be providing a duty of care to your pet if you've no idea where it is.

If people do find a system that keeps cats in that works, please could they post something on here. Thanks.

Sorry, completely forgot to reply to this one.

Richard C said:
they always bury!
I'm sorry but that's not true; I've seen evidence with my own eyes.
The fact that a lot of cat owners believe this fallacy is part of the problem. Maybe some people genuinely don't realise and would install a system like is being discussed here or not have a cat if they did.
I can only think that cats want to mark other areas.
Sorry but you just don’t know anything about cats or maybe the one you saw was distracted before it got a chance to bury. Cats don’t mark their territory with s**t; they either urinate or use the scent gland around their mouth; go check it out!

Dragging the thread back on topic for a moment... :)

Have you heard the phrase; 'it's like herding cats'?

You can't keep those cats in without a cage. Netting, fencing, nothing will do it.

As for your wife - she does realise the cats are not immortal, right? I'm a cat lover, but one thing you accept when you take on a pet is that it's going to die. A cat live on average 12-14 years; a female human in the UK, about 80 years.

She's going to say goodbye to a lot of cats over the years. Sorry, but there it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back