How to lock Cardale garage T-lock without key??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a very old, what appears to be Cardale, canopy garage door. The name appears on the lock, along with a number on the barrel, which I had thought to correspond with the key. Unfortunately I had recently lost the key and was desperate to get in so I had managed to pick at the lock with a bobby pin. Celebrations was cut short because I couldn't lock it back up again.
I'm lucky to be in a rather safe neighbourhood and the garage is situated at the back so no break-ins as of yet, but I contacted Cardale to order their "replacement" keys, only to receive them and for them not to work in the lock.
Is there any way for me to lock it back up as easily as I had picked the lock?
I'm hoping there is as it IS a very old garage door, so it wouldn't be just simply replace the lock but I'd need to replace the door as well which I'm not willing to fork out money over on...yet.
Thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
Cardale still exist, and they have an excellent website with pictures - they are also helpful over the phone.
I'm sure they will fix you up with a new lock - easy enough to fit from the inside.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back