How to lower the driver's seat on Toyota Avensis mk1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a really obviously answer to this question, twist the 'seat height adjustment' nob. The only thing is on my car all this does is lower the rear part of the horizontal seat (if that makes sense) so you end up with a seat that slopes backwards. Is there any way to lower the whole chair? Even if it means taking it to a garage. On it's lowest setting it still sits quite high for me.

Also, if I google Avensis mk1 it doesn't really show too many results. Is there a mechanic's name for this model of car or a better code name which will show more google/youtube results.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The first generation Avensis is the T22, then the 2003-2008 model is the T25, then the 2009 on model is the T27.

I think you'll have a real issue with this one, due to the arrangement of the runners beneath the seat that allow it to slide.
Maybe there's a fully adjustable seat from another, perhaps more highly specified model which has full adjustment?
Don't forget there will be pre tensioner mechanisms connected beneath the seat which need to be treated with care.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is there any possibility of cutting a bit out of the frame at the front and rewelding it? Needs to be welded properly

Back