Sub floor Humidity Issue - Best method to solve?

I guess the forced air could be argued but you'll always have eddy currents so doubt it's worth the outlay and effort. Personal choice!
Z vents on 4&5 - can you access enough to fit them? I'm lazy so I'd not fit them and make sure I add decent ones where I can access easily.
Clearing vents - there's a lot of blocked holes on the grates of the vent. Clean them out for better air flow. Also yes, get rid of any objects restricting air flow

Sponsored Links
!
Z vents on 4&5 - can you access enough to fit them? I'm lazy so I'd not fit them and make sure I

I’d say there’s an inch (or two max) clearance between the joist and the inner skin wall where the gaps are for air bricks 4 and 5.

I’d assume “someone” would have to take out the course below the current gaps in the inner skin. Allowing the z duct to just slide in (tm).

Easy for 4. Harder for 5.

I’ll probably have to tackle this as a phased sum of parts and suck it and see.

Phase 1 being ….Ducting vent 1 to the property and pointing the drains at the rear near vent 4 would be the least effort. Could try that for a week.

if still bad, phase 2 would be Z vent 4/5, reinstate 6 or 7

Phase 3 - mechanical

Bit of an update on this one. Had dyno-rod out to have a look at the drains. They couldnt get cameras down them but did unblock the drain by vent 3. (on photo below for refrerence)

They also put some illuminous green dye down each of the drains to see if that was seeping through to the subfloor. So back down the subfloor crawl-space again, I didn't notice any green dye but did notice this time the bricks lowdown in the sub floor by vent 3 do look damp. Video link below (apologies if the speaking is mumbled, had a mask on as it's fairly horrid down there)

Video - Sub-floor Damp bricks

1676131767192.png

As that drain was blocked.... if indeed it had been blocked for ages and had sitting water in there for a long time, could that be the cause of the dampness on the subfloor bricks in the video?

As if it was a cracked pipe / leaky drain, id have expected to see the green dye in the subfloor too?

thanks again,

Geddy

Attachments

• 1676131296858.png
    1676131296858.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back