How to make a large wooden rectangle frame

No clamps required - on site we sometimes set up three or so studs across two trestles (screwed together), screw a sheet of plywood, MDF or chipboard on top of that then fix a place of softwood studding along the length of the ply. If you need to assemble a frame just align the pieces and push against the back stud (fence) whilst drilling or screwing. Working on a flat surface with a fence you can push against makes the resulting job more accurate with tighter joints and a lot less awkward to assemble

Sponsored Links
No clamps required - on site we sometimes set up three or so studs across two trestles (screwed together), screw a sheet of plywood, MDF or chipboard on top of that then fix a place of softwood studding along the length of the ply. If you need to assemble a frame just align the pieces and push against the back stud (fence) whilst drilling or screwing. Working on a flat surface with a fence you can push against makes the resulting job more accurate with tighter joints and a lot less awkward to assemble
Reminds me I need to buy or make some trestles. SO tired of cutting lengths in my garage propped on the lawnmower :)

Sponsored Links
Make them. I make mine out of anything that comes to hand on site. Just a square frame, two feet and some diagonal bracing. Maybe won't last forever (which reminds me that I need to show the apprentice how to make some proper traditional double-splayed leg trestles...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back