How to make in muratura kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, everyone!

I fall in love with the built-in kitchens of www.zappalorto.it (in muratura in Italian). Do you know how to make such a kitchen on my own? I tried google search but didn't find enough to make it clear. I know that Italians do it from wood but which materials should I use? Gypsum? Particle board? Do you have any ideas or links to tutorials?

Thank a lot!!
[/i]

Sponsored Links
Nice looking kitchens, but I wouldn't want them on my side in a war.

Do you have experience of this type of work? If not, consider buying the kitchen cabinets and just making your own doors out of hardwood.

There are other woodworking and workshop websites in the UK, I suggest you google them as they are a goldmine of information.

Nice looking kitchens, but I wouldn't want them on my side in a war.

Do you have experience of this type of work? If not, consider buying the kitchen cabinets and just making your own doors out of hardwood.

There are other woodworking and workshop websites in the UK, I suggest you google them as they are a goldmine of information.

Thank you for this reply. I'm not going to make it by my own hands but to organize the process with minimal costs.

The main question is about the technology that should be used to create such a decorated "wall" that's a part of a kitchen cabinet. I see at least 4 possible way:

1) Gypsum sheets on it's own framework
2) Gypsum metal square tubes as framework
3) Gasbeton
4) Particle board

I need an advice about it. Thanks

I post this question here because I hope you have some experience in makinf it. Such kitchens are not popular in Ukraine so I can't found information I need.

Sponsored Links
1) Gypsum sheets on it's own framework
2) Gypsum metal square tubes as framework
3) Gasbeton
4) Particle board

I need an advice about it. Thanks

None of the above material are suitable, you may be able to produce similar result with mdf but the web site states that real timber is used, or at least in there words "wood" depends how that translates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back