How to measure the Radiator...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds daft but I've measured my radiator that needs replacing and its width 48cm and length is 75cm - I've looked online and there isn't a single radiator that fits these measurements, so do I round up to one thats 50cm by 80?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick reply, so with the mm measurements online, I get one for 800/500 as they seem to list height first? Sorry but have a hole in current one and need to get a new one asap and its all new to me. Thanks again

If the radiator is old, it may have been made to imperial dimensions.

A corresponding metric size may require extension tails to marry up with the existing pipework, or some minor alterations to the pipework.

Sponsored Links
Am I allowed to say "oh bugger?" re the pipes bit.
Is there anything I can do in the meantime about the hoel thats dripping water out? I've turned off the valve on the right hand side that lets the hot water flush in (heatings off too at the mo as its daytime)??

me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back