How to mount kitchen base unit door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to bring our washing machine in from the utility strip in the garage and fit it into a 600mm base unit space in the kitchen. I have measured and the washing machine will fit once the carcass of the 600mm base unit has been removed.

The only issue i can see is how to mount the concealing door hinges from the old carcass. The washing machine is a full 600mm wide so hinge space is a problem for mounting the concealing door. I thought maybe there was a kit so i could fit the concealing door directly onto the front of the washing machine? Any one out there tried this?
Ta
P.

Sponsored Links
You need a built in washing machine to fit door to machine, also the standard door is too narrow for what you intend, it does not span 600mm.

Sorry foxhole but I have done it a few times for clients, Its not the ideal way but if they don't want to replace their machine it works.

The hinges I linked to do not mount on the machine they fit to the side of the adjacent carcase.

As you say a typical door is 595-597 so you do see a slight bark gap down each side and need to provide something for the door to shut against.

Sponsored Links
I have just recently moved house and the washing machine and tumble dryer are under the sink section of worktop, they are free standing and have normal unit doors to access them, ie the doors are not fixed to the appliances. Having said that the worktop is deeper than standard and there is excess width within each space so normal hinges on normal doors do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back